Peel Holdings want to build 85 apartments in a 2 block building on the Jacksons Wharf site: Block A facing the canal basin (6 storeys) and Block B at an angle to it parallel to Blantyre House (4 storeys). The two blocks would be linked towards the middle by a glazed foyer and bridges to form a V shaped building. We say:
- Block A is acceptable, Block B isn’t
- only 13 to 16 metres from Blantyre House and Citygate, Block B would have a negative impact on the views, residential amenity and property values of existing residents and of new Block B residents
- the character of the Conservation Area in the canal basin is created by rectangular buildings
- ‘sitting in their own space’ not by V shaped buildings crammed up to existing buildings
- create a public park or communal gardens instead of Block B.
Come to the protest to support these views and persuade the Council not to approve the plans when Planning Committee meets on 2 June. The media will be there. We hope to get a great photo showing the strength of feeling in Castlefield. Come along and tell your neighbours!
Please print off this poster and display where you live and work.